If your dining room offers you little space, then all you have to do is to sit back and relax! Yes, you do not have any idea how much potential your small dining room owns so to give you the liberty to modify its décor effortlessly. So want to know how make your meal times a pleasure? Take a look at these specially formulated tips for the teeny-weeny dining rooms:
1. Find the space to place the table
No matter how limited the place is, it is vital to have a table coupled with 2 chairs so that you can sit back and eat relaxingly. If you do not have a separate drawing room and so you were considering placing a TV in your dining room, then you should stop daydreaming! Eating and watching TV never go together, unless you want to gain a few tons of weight! Instead, save up that space and try it incorporate it into some fruitful:
- You can always go for a comparatively bigger table if the space permits
- In order to add up a dash of innovation in your everyday meals, invest on a fold-away dining table. That way, you can grab your dinner table and have dinner anywhere! Well not anywhere but at least under the sky while staring at the twinkling stars.
- Opt for a cutesy roundtable to save up some extra square feet.
2. How to define your dining room?
In compact apartments, often there are no separate rooms allotted for dining rooms/living room. So usually we try to take up a portion of our kitchen and dump a table and a couple of chairs just for the sake of not having our meals in the kitchen or bedroom. But does eating under the scenario as mentioned above owe with even a hint of pleasure? No, right! The problem is unless our human minds spot something attractive defined by distinguishable décor we don’t play any attention to it. So all you have to do is to first equip your newly formed dining place with a hanging light fixture or else something vibrant like 3d floors and walls.
3. Small dining furnishings are so in
Believe it or not, the rage of cute little dining furnishings is here to stay for long. Do you know visual illusions if used the right way can turn a smaller area into a not-so-smaller one to the human eye? You can master it by choosing a monochromatic interior wall paneling. When doing this, make sure to keep your walls clutter-free, although you can add minimal accessories. Already mentioned, you can opt for a round table to save up some foot space, but in case your dining room expects now and then, you will have to think about alternate options.
- A small, slender table which will happily accommodate itself in the narrow space.
- Go for wall-hung lighting on pivots so that you can change its position over your table.
- When planning for an intimate dinner wire, the lighting to a dimmer switch and the ambiance is all set! Phew!
4. Incorporate innovation in the seating area
Since you are already well aware of your limited space, it would be a nonsensical decision to cram up big chairs in your seating area. Usually, you would see on décor magazines and not forget on Hollywood shows that a dining room should comprise a long dining table lined up with multiple chairs on both sides. But it always doesn’t have to look that way and basically isn’t it fun to do something creative so to earn admiration from your friends and foes?
- Buy chairs which are comfy but compact-sized
- If your dining table is confined to an awkward corner of the room, then how about adding benches instead of chairs? Yes, this will allow you to serve multiple guests at the same time without fretting about many chairs cramming up the space making it difficult for you to move!
5. Flaunt your décor
So what if your dining room is compact, you can still beautify it with fantastic décor, so that the focus shifts from the size to the decor. When it comes to décor you would have plenty of options to choose how you want your cute dining space to look like:
- Do you fancy vivid colors? So don’t be shy to flaunt it all over your walls. Go for decorative wall panels in shades of pop! When your wall is bright, make sure to keep your floors minimal and vice versa.
- If your heart is inclined towards some classy wood –finished wall décor, then be it! You would fall in love with wood plank walls.
- Do you have an eye for posh wall décor but afraid to try it on your tiny dining space? Gather all the courage you need to and then look for perfect modern wall paneling.
- No, painting your walls in tones of blue or black would not visually lessen the physical space, it’s all a myth! When painting your walls in these lovely bold shades, you might want to add a touch of golden color here and there, just to give it a fancier maneuver.
6. Don’t do anything! Not literally of course!
No all meant by this point is to keep everything minimal, from the décor to the dining table accompanied by chairs. If you are a not-a-bright color person, whom most people can relate to, you can keep it simple while making it look all chic. Then opt for modern furnishings, precisely linear furniture, and table and bar stools. Haven’t you look how graceful bar stools look without eating up much area? Fix on a table that also looks like a counter you would find in bars to coordinate the overall décor.
Be open to suggestions from your family about remodeling your dining space. Look for options that would not burn a big hole into your pocket. After everything is done effortlessly, finally you will stop vexing about the shortage of space!