Having a constant echo or sound reverberation in your home or commercial set up can be a real pain. There are several things that you can do to prevent this sound reverberation and echo. One of the most effective ways to ensure that the sound doesn’t reflect off hard surfaces is by installing PVC baffles acoustical sound absorbing panels. If you ’re wondering how to use PVC baffles, we have put together a guide for you. Here’s everything you need to know:
What Causes Echoes And Sound Reverberation?
Before we get into the details of how to use PVC baffles, let’s understand what it is that causes sound reverberation and echoes in a residential or commercial setup:
- Hard Wood Floors – Hardwood floors are one of the significant reasons for echoes. These floors act like sound reflectors, and they end up causing sound reverberation.
- Walls – Concrete walls or wooden walls are another cause of sound echoes in commercial or residential setups.
- High Ceilings – High ceilings can also cause sound echoes in your home or restaurant or any other commercial space.
- Windows – Glass acts like a sound reflector making windows one of the major causes of echoes.
How To Prevent Echoes And Sound Reverberation?
If you’re wondering how you can prevent sound reverberation and echoes in your commercial or residential setup, we have some tips and suggestions that are highly effective:
1. Make Sure That Your Carpet The Floors
One highly effective way in which you can prevent sound reverberation and echoes in any space is by carpeting the floors. From rugs to the wall to wall carpets, you can cover up any hardwood floors that you might have so that the sound doesn’t reflect off the floors causing an echo. The fabric of the carpets and rugs absorb the sound and prevent echoes.
2. Install Tapestries Against Walls And Windows
Walls and glass windows can be amongst of the significant causes of echoes and sound reverberation in any setup. One way to prevent these glass windows from acting like sound reflectors is by installing tapestries against them. You can use thick curtains and drapes for this purpose. These tapestries will act as sound absorbers and will reduce the echo of the surroundings.
3. Install Tapestries Against The Wall
Another effective way to reduce sound reverberation and echoes in a commercial or residential setup is by installing tapestries against walls. You can opt for beautifully printed wall hangings made from fabrics to prevent the repetitions. The wall hangings will absorb any echoes that you may be facing.
4. Use PVC Baffles – Acoustical Sound Absorbing Panels
PVC baffles – acoustic sound absorbing panels are excellent products to prevent sound reverberation in any setup. These absorption panels can be used in your home, in a restaurant, in a gymnasium, in a health club, in a service bay, in a factory and several other places. The acoustic absorption panels are typically hung vertically from their anchor points. They are available in a plethora of designs and colors for you to choose from. The acoustic ceiling panels absorb any sounds and prevent echoes. These sturdy and long-lasting panels are particularly useful for setups that have high ceilings.
Benefits Of PVC Baffles
PVC baffles sound absorbing panels are beneficial for more reasons that one. Let’s now discuss the various benefits of these panels:
• Affordably Priced
If you’re looking out for an economical solution to prevent echoes and sound reverberation in any setup, the PVC baffles are just what you need. The panels are affordably priced and will not cost you an arm and a leg to purchase.
• Lightweight And Easy To Install Panels
The acoustic panels are lightweight and very easy to install. You will not need to spend large sums of money on hiring a team of professional installers to get the job done. Some brands that sell PVC baffles also offer free installation as after-sales service for buyers.
• Available In Several Shades And Patterns
The acoustic panels are available in a variety of different shades and colors. These panels are not just useful to prevent sound reverbs and echoes but they also are beneficial for décor and decorative purposes. They can add charm and sophistication to the overall décor of any place that they are installed in.
• Zero Maintenance
The sound absorbing panels require no maintenance and care. They have also been designed to tolerate and withstand all kinds of weather conditions. They can tolerate excessive humidity, moisture, hot air, and cold air without getting damaged. If your panels have become dusty, a simple spray of water is enough to make them look as good as new again.
• Long Lasting And Sturdy
The panels are very sturdy and durable and can last for several years on end without getting ruined.
Places Where The Panels Can Be Installed
If you’re wondering where all you can install these PVC baffles sound absorbing panels, here’s a list:
- Restaurants that have high ceilings or wooden floors.
- Factories that have high ceilings, concrete walls and large windows will find these panels to be super useful to prevent echoes.
- Homes that have wooden floors and large windows are residential spaces where these panels will prove to be very useful.
- Gyms and health clubs that have wooden floorboards, large windows, and thick walls will find the panels very useful in preventing echoes and sound reverberation.
So now that you know how and where to use the PVC baffles, you can start shopping for them immediately. These panels are often used in auditoriums, movie theatres, drama theatres and other such places to maintain the sound balance in the surroundings and prevent outside sound from seeping through the walls, floors, and ceilings too. This economical solution is recommended by interior decorators and architects from across the globe. You will be pleasantly surprised by the effectiveness of the panels. These panels are available on many online shopping portals and may also be available at your local décor store!